Hypnosis Log#2


Second trial

My second trial was at public sphere, at a mall somewhere in Senayan, on Monday, February 2, 2010.

The client is an old friend of mine. A good and well known feature writer, who has strong preference for feminism and humanism.

She wanted to be slim (who don’t?) and wondered whether I can help her out. But first, she spent an hour discussing bird flu and how to help small volunteer organizations in remote areas to keep helping their constituents. Classic issue: short of funding. I found the subjects fascinating as I am so into bird flu and pandemic business, and I have a huge interest on volunteerism too.

Alright, then it’s time for the trial.

I asked her to do the focus game, turned her finger into a rigid situation and make it as hard as steel.

It did not work. She kept succeeding in bending her finger.
I soon realize my mistakes, or I should call it shortcomings.
First, it was an uncomfortable place. It was noisy and crowded. People were chatting around us and to make matters worse, few Harley Davidsons were roaming around just few meters from where we sat.

Second, I forgot to ask her what she thinks about hypnosis. I suspected that she misunderstood hypnosis by saying,” is it OK to do it here in the crowd? You’re not going to embarrass me aren’t you?” When the client did not understand what we are doing, the hypnosis tend to fail.

Third, there’s not much time for trials and errors. Once I failed to take her to get focus, her mobile phone rang and it was time for her second appointment.

OK. It was not that good. But you know what she said that make me feel better?

“Wow, I feel that my neck is more relaxed now. Not as uptight as before because I have yet to get enough sleep. Thanks Rie. It feels better.”

I don’t know whether it was the breathing technique and relaxation that I told her to do or it was just a coincidence that she grew a better mood.

Like my coach said, the magic word is…better and better and better.

The second trial wasn’t that bad after all.

It is nice to put a smile on people’s face.

Komentar